Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Like Me!


I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson was one of my favorite books when I was younger. It is about a girl pig who has high self-esteem and does fun activities that any young child would enjoy. I think this book is encouraging for children ages 3-6. The pictures are great and will make kids laugh. It is a good book for children because it gives them ideas for activities they can do by themselves or with a friend. It also shows them that it is okay to make mistakes. The sentences are short, which makes it a great book for beginning readers. It is also recommended by the ALA.

3 comments:

  1. Alissa:

    I like Nancy Carlson too. I remember when my son first went to school, his teacher read Look out Kindergarten here I come! I really enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting up a picture of the book! This seems like a good book for teaching self-esteem and the fact that there are activities just makes it even more enjoyable for children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a cute book for young readers! I have read books by Nancy Carlson before, but now I am anxious to read this one, too! I like the theme of the book and how it teaches children about positive self esteem.
    I also like how you included a picture of the cover of the book, because as I read what you wrote I was able to picture the book and the characters.

    ReplyDelete